Fire Risk AssessmentThe Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (FSO) came into effect in October 2006. The FSO applies to all non-domestic premises in England and Wales, including the common parts of blocks of flats and houses in multiple occupation (HMO's).
The law applies to you if you are:
- responsible for business premises
- an employer or self-employed with business premises
- responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business
- a charity or voluntary organisation
- a contractor or managing agent with a degree of control over premises
- providing accommodation for paying guests
Under FSO, the responsible person must carry out a fire safety risk assessment and implement and maintain a fire emergency plan.
You may feel that you do not have the expertise or knowledge to carry out a Fire Risk Assessment and raising a Fire Emergency Plan, it may be that you are more comfortable employing ASIS Risk Management to help you.